Who we are
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.Job Description Summary:
Simility, a PayPal Service, is an end-to-end fraud management platform helping large merchants, banks, and other Fortune 1000 companies manage fraud and risk. Our systems help enterprises detect fraudulent events real time and help protect these enterprises from online threats. We do so by creatively harnessing the power of data, machine learning and humans and be on the cutting edge of fraud detection techniques and algorithms. Simility welcomes big thinkers and passionate team players, who are ready to take their career to the next level.Job Description:
Simility’s Decision Scientists are comprehensive product experts who collaborate with customers and internal teams to ensure that their customers are successful in their deployments. They continually build upon and apply their technical knowledge and skills across the product suite at every level of the customer engagement. A successful Decision Scientist will strategize and consult with customers on implementing Simility’s fraud solution to handle their fraud problems. Decision Scientists also spend their time collating feedback from customers and working with internal engineering and product teams to develop new product features. Decision Scientists spend significant amount of their time solving problems that affect many parts of the organization, including domain-driven research, technical product innovations, process improvements to continuously contribute to the success of Simility.
- Work closely with multiple large & strategic customers to consult and strategize on the approach in tackling fraud, and ensure Simility is deployed and performs well
- Regularly analyze large data sets to identify fraud patterns and implement necessary changes to the system
- Work on top of a state-of-the-art technology stack and together with a dedicated data science and engineering team to design and implement data driven solutions that operate at scale and in real-time
- Be a clear subject matter expert of Simility’s platform as well as developing risk solutions in specific fields (banking, finance, eCommerce)
- Make business recommendations to the executive and cross-functional teams with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders
- Collate feedback from clients and work with cross functional teams to recommend, design and implement new product features
- Work with engineering teams to ensure best practices are followed for product deployment and solution implementation
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Mining or related field or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in advanced Data Analysis, Research, Risk and Fraud Investigation or Internet Industry
- MS/PhD Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Mining or related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in one of the following areas: eCommerce, online payments, user trust/risk/fraud investigation/product abuse
- Project Management experience and attention to detail with the ability to gets things done.
- Strong process improvement, prioritization, and multi-tasking capabilities
- Demonstrated analytical thinking through data-driven decisions, as well as the technical know-how, charisma, and ability to work with your team to make a big impact
- Knowledge of database structures and/or working with Unix/Linux
- Outstanding leadership, influencing, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
To apply for this job please visit wd1.myworkdaysite.com.