What is Azure DevOps course : Azure DevOps is a Microsoft Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that offers an end-to-end DevOps toolchain for developing and deploying software. It also integrates with the majority of the market’s leading tools and is an excellent choice for orchestrating a DevOps toolchain. We have many customers at DevOps Group who have discovered that Azure DevOps meets their needs regardless of language, platform, or cloud.
What can Azure DevOps do ?
Azure DevOps comprises a range of services covering the full development life-cycle. At the time of writing these are:
- Azure Boards: agile planning, work item tracking, visualization and reporting tool.
- Azure Pipelines: a language, platform and cloud agnostic CI/CD platform with support for containers or Kubernetes.
- Azure Repos: provides cloud-hosted private git repos.
- Azure Artifacts: provides integrated package management with support for Maven, npm, Python and NuGet package feeds from public or private sources.
- Azure Test Plans: provides an integrated planned and exploratory testing solution.
- Azure DevOps can also be used to orchestrate third-party tools.
Benefits of Azure DevOps :
Azure DevOps is a SaaS offering that is dependable, scalable, and globally available. It is also backed by a 99.9% uptime guarantee and 24×7 support.
– Access to the most recent features :
Every three weeks, Azure DevOps users gain access to new features. Microsoft is open about its product roadmap and is committed to rapidly iterating on the feature set.
– The upgrade cycle has concluded:
Upgrades are a constant source of frustration for organizations that use on-premises CI/CD tooling. Moving to a SaaS model eliminates the need for patching and upgrading the toolchain.
What is Azure DevOps course Azure DevOps is a mature, feature-rich platform. The variety of supported languages, platforms, and cloud vendors make it a viable option for a wide range of organizations. However, if you are currently running an on-premises Team Foundation Server, migrating to Azure DevOps would be a natural progression.